If you’ve landed on this post, you are probably looking for the best stay at home jobs for moms. You’re in the right place!
As a new mom, your most treasured dream would be to stay with your newborn baby and work from home. Well, I have some good news for you! This is a dream that can come true.
There are lots of opportunities online to make money from home while caring for your newborn.
Nowadays, more and more moms are living their dream of working from home and looking after their kids. Why not you?
And I’m not talking about making a few hundred dollars to buy a few toys but a real full-time income. Some mom bloggers make between $2,000 and $63,000 every month!
You can make this kind of income too if you are willing to put in the effort that is required.
These mom bloggers were just like you, desperate for a solution that would let them work from home and take care of their precious ones.
Here’s a list of the most influential mommy bloggers you can take inspiration from:
- Abby from Just A Girl and Her Blog – $40,124 in one month
- Rosemarie from The Busy Budgeter – $32,469 in one month
- Lena from What Mommy Does – $9,997 in one month
- Jenn Snyder of Women Winning Online – $2,419 in one month
Without any further ado, let’s have a look at how you can work from home and make money online.
Why Should You Consider One Of These 3 Best Jobs For Stay At Home Moms?
- They are all flexible work from home jobs
- You set your own pace of work
- You have full control over your work life (no boss, overtime or shifts)
- You create your own mom lifestyle
Start A Mom Blog
#1 of The Best Stay At Home Jobs For Moms
Firstly, let me tell you this: as a new mom you’ve gone through three of the richest and challenging experiences called pregnancy, labor and taking care of a baby.
I’m sure you can talk about it for hours and hours and forever.
Well, why not talk about all this online and make money from it. You can write lots of articles about everything you’ve gone through during these “mommy moments”.
That’s where starting a blog comes into play!
Another good news is that a mommy blog is a platform that can make you earn a whole lot of money. The ways to monetize a mom blog are endless.
However, starting a blog requires lots of work, dedication and a few hundred dollars that you will need to spend on blogging tools. Remember it takes money to make money!
I recommend you read this article where I teach about starting a blog from a – z. It’s a comprehensive guide for aspiring bloggers. Click the link below:
After reading the above article, I also recommend you read another one about the most essential blogging tools you will need to make money with your blog. Click the link below:
Secondly, I want to point out that blogging is not an overnight success, like some out there pretend. If you come across an article saying “How To Make $10k in 1 Week With A New Blog”, this might be a big fake.
Simply because starting a blog, monetizing a blog and maintaining a blog requires more than one week.
But I’m not saying it’s impossible to start making money with your blog in just a few months. It’ll all depend on how much time, energy and money you are willing to invest.
As I always say, blogging is like another business. Treat it like so by dedicating yourself to it to be able to reap the fruits later.
The more you invest, the more you will reap.
Blogging is a very lucrative stay at home job that is becoming more and more popular.
It’s a home job that does not require a big upfront cost and is quite easy to setup.
As a matter of fact, a mom blog has so much to offer to other future moms that are constantly on the lookout for advice, help and tips for their future role as mom.
As you’ve already gone through the stages of pregnancy and labor, your advice will be of so much value to them.
You can write about practical tips to make those stages smoother if I can say so or advise your readers on something to avoid or whatever.
The number of articles you can develop in this niche is limitless. You can provide pregnancy, labor and breastfeeding articles as the core topics of your blog.
Similarly, you can start digging deeper into these topics to produce more specific content around them, for e.x, 10 Best Labor Tips For Women Above 40 or 10 Simple Tips To Increase Breast Milk Supply
You can see here how specific you can get and reach out to a distinct group of women.
So, this business model for moms begins with three essential steps:
- You need to learn how to set up a blog from start to finish. This includes steps like purchasing a domain, customizing your blog, setting up the proper tools, writing your first blog post etc…
- Read this ==> How To Start A Blog Step By Step
- You will be required to purchase a few important blogging tools that make your life easier and help you monetize your blog.
- You will need to drive traffic to your blog otherwise you won’t make any money. Traffic is simply people coming to your blog.
- Read this ==> Best Traffic Sources For New Bloggers
- And this ==> How To Get Traffic From Pinterest For Free
- Also this ==>How To Get Traffic To Your New Blog Fast
Affiliate Marketing on Pinterest (Without A Blog or Website)
#2 of The Best Stay At Home Jobs For Moms
If you consider blogging not an option for the moment or you know inside of you that you’re not ready to commit to any extent in blogland, then I have another attractive business model.
Doing affiliate marketing without a blog/website is one of the best stay at home jobs for moms because it requires ZERO MONEY to start unless you want to use paid ads to promote the products.
What you will need to start making money with affiliate marketing without a blog or website is a few hours everyday and an effective strategy to promote the product/services you want to make money from.
Affiliate Marketing is simply promoting someone else’s product or service and you get a commission each time a sale is made.
You might be asking yourself how will you promote something online if you don’t have a blog or website.
Well, there’s a secret garden called Pinterest. It’s not really a secret because everyone knows Pinterest but not everyone knows that they can use Pinterest to make a lot of money.
Successful affiliate marketers, who are probably in their 20s, are making a six-figure income selling 3rd party products and services.
The reason why affiliate marketing works so well on Pinterest is that Pinterest users are most of the time looking for stuff to buy, preparing things for future events like weddings, birthdays, baby showers or gifts.
A Few Pinterest Stats
Women ages 25 to 54 make 80% of the buying decisions in U.S. households.
According to Pinterest, these “deciders” on the platform see Pinterest as a valuable part of their purchasing journey. On Pinterest, users plan ideas, visualize their future and strategize about their goals.
- 83% of women on Pinterest use it to plan life moments, compared to 44% for Instagram and 53% for Facebook
- 43% plan on getting their ideal home within the next five years
- 1 in 2 plan on taking a vacation in the next 6 months
Ninety percent of weekly users turn to Pinterest to help them make their purchasing decisions – either immediately, or when planning for later purchases.
With this, I’m sure you’ve got a glimpse of how powerful Pinterest actually is.
Putting the right products in front of thirsty purchasers can make you earn a full-time income each month.
As you’re getting more involved in this business model, you’ll know how to scale your affiliate business to make even more money.
Affiliate Marketing With A Blog
Moreover, it’s something you can do on your blog as well if you’re ready to start your blog.
Of course, you’ll want to promote products or services that are related to your blog.
If all your articles are about pregnancy, labor, and stuff, promoting cat food might not be a genius idea. Oh, maybe you can make a few dollars if your audience loves cats. haha
But this might not be the best idea.
Stick to products that will help your audience along with your helpful articles.
As a blogger, you will also get the chance to do affiliate marketing for the blogging tools you will be using.
For instance, you will see some affiliate links for the tools I use on the articles I’ve recommended above.
If you purchase a service using this link, I will get a commission on the sale. Same will apply to you if you do it on your blog.
Start A Baby Instagram Account
#3 of The Best Stay At Home Jobs For Moms
In case you may not know, Instagram is not just for sharing photos with snazzy filters.
Instagram is a powerhouse money-making platform where so many people are making a living from it.
What I can suggest if you want to take this route is to start an account posting pictures of your baby. You know how people are fond of baby pictures.
Can you imagine that one of the best jobs for stay at home moms is taking pictures of their baby, posting on the most powerful social media network and making money from it?
Building an audience around your baby can be very lucrative and there are sooooo many ways to monetize your Instagram account;
- Affiliate Marketing
- After you build your audience around a niche, a baby account for ex, you can look for baby products to promote.
- Brand sponsorships
- When your account has a decent amount of followers, brands for baby products might approach you to promote their products like clothes, baby accessories, toys etc..
- Either you can charge them a few hundred dollars or they might send you baby stuff for free.
- Influencer Marketing
- After months of consistently building your audience, chances are you might become an influencer because of the many followers and engagement on your content.
- You can offer paid posts or stories. Brands or other accounts in your niche might request you to post a post or story for them in exchange for a few hundred dollars.
Starting an Instagram account where you post beautiful pictures of your baby has proven to be one of the best stay at home jobs for moms.
A few advantages of this business model:
- You don’t need any upfront cost
- A smartphone with a good camera is enough
- There’s no barrier of entry
- Nothing to set up like a website or blog
Of course, this option might be free but this also means that to make money online from Instagram, you will need a very good strategy and good posting habits to see your account grow rapidly.
Let me know in the comments below if you see yourself starting any of these best stay at home jobs for moms.