Wondering if you can lose a few inches just by covering your body up? In my opinion, homemade body wraps for weight loss would do fine.
But sometimes, if you’re too tired to hit the gym or eat well to lose weight, you need to execute the body wrap plan as it not only eliminates toxins and decreases cellulite but also tightens and hydrates the skin.
You can easily make pocket-friendly body wraps at home. Let’s just see how easy it is to make the best homemade body wraps.
Save Pin to Your Favorite Pinterest Board
Are Homemade Body Wraps for Weight Loss Effective?
Yes, homemade body wraps are definitely effective and a great means to shed weight. At times, Homemade body wraps for weight loss are underrated.
Speaking of quality, it’s similar to some top-notch expensive body wrap you might’ve experienced at some luxurious spa.
With the right techniques and recipe, a decent DIY body wrap can be as successful as a professional wrap at a much lower cost.
Body wraps can:
- Eliminate cellulite
- Assist in shedding inches
- Detoxify the body
- Tight up and hydrate the skin
Before wrapping your body with a homemade body wrap for weight loss, keep one thing in mind – it’s a good idea to wrap your body tight but don’t forget to leave space for blood circulation. Basically, don’t choke yourself.
To make a homemade body wrap an effective means of weight loss, you need the right ingredients, right quantity, and working method. Let’s figure all these.
How to Make Homemade Body Wraps for Belly Fat Reduction – A 7 Step Procedure
If you’re wondering how to make homemade body wraps for weight loss, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are 7 steps that demonstrate the body wrapping procedure for weight loss:
- Take a shower before using your homemade body wrap because all the skin’s dust and debris should be removed. Otherwise, body wrap wouldn’t be able to stick the way it’s supposed to.
- Exfoliate the skin using a home-made scrub.
- Make a homemade body mask to put on those parts where you would like to wrap up.
- Wrap the desired body parts with homemade plastic wraps because they’re convenient and don’t require washing like cloth bandages.
However, there are some precautions that you must take for plastic wrap:
- Make sure you don’t cover the plastic wrap too tight as this can bring unpleasant scars on your skin
- If you want to wrap your chin and neck, make sure to wear a shower cap and then cover them properly
- Cover your upper body on day one and wrap your lower body on day 2 to make it smoother
- Wrap the affected region like thighs or tummy for spot therapies
- Now cover the wrapped section with a towel and let the wrap do its job. You can sit down, watch a movie, talk to your friends, listen to music, etc. The wrap will begin to sweat the targeted area soon.
- Remove the body wrap gently, take a shower, and wash off the mask after an hour.
- The last step is to moisturize the skin with a proper moisturizer. I would recommend coconut oil because it prevents stretch marks.
Remember I mentioned homemade scrub and mask? Here’s their recipes. Make sure to read them carefully and implement them with caution.
How to Make a Homemade Scrub?
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1-2 drops of essential lemon oil
- Combine ingredients in a shallow cup
- Use two or three fingers to pick up the scrub
- Use light pressure to apply the scrub on your body
- Rub the region circularly
- Do this for 7-10 minutes
- Wipe off with a soft wet cloth
How to Make Homemade Masks?
- 1-2 tablespoons of clay/natural clay
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 drops of mineral oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2-3 teaspoons rosewater
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Apply a thin coating of the mixture to regions where you find excess flab and cellulite that you want to get rid of
- Every time you do this, add the mixture to the desired area and seal it with help of a plastic wrap as it’s tough to apply the mask to all parts and then wrap up
Now that we’ve discussed homemade scrubs and masks, let me give you some great homemade body wrap recipes that would make your experiment more effective.
5 Best Homemade Body Wraps for Weight Loss
After testing numerous body wraps recipes, I’ve found these 5 best homemade body wraps for weight loss.
Don’t worry, none of these are ineffective because I’ve omitted such already.
DIY Body Wrap with Coconut Oil
This body wrap works miracles against cellulite as well as with weight loss. If you’ve selected a coconut oil wrap, you can expect:
- Smoother skin
- A minimized presence of cellulite
- A thinner looking body
Now just follow these steps and you’re good to go!
- Create a homemade paste with the ingredients mentioned
- Place the homemade plastic body wrap on your stomach
- Rest for a couple of hours
Ingredients for Body Wrap with Coconut Oil
- Epsom salt or sea salt – Epsom salts come with a variety of pre-mixed ingredients
- Coconut oil – A perfect oil for the above-mentioned DIY body wrap
- Bio-caffeinated green tea – Assists with blood circulation in the wrapped-up parts
- Bio-cacao powder – An antioxidant that makes the wrap stronger
- Wrap bandage – To wrap your body parts
- A towel or heat pad –To wash off the sweat
Mix all the ingredients (except for the wrap & towel) in a bowl and apply it to the target area. Follow all the steps correctly and wait for at least 45 minutes before going for a shower.
Homemade Body Wraps with Vicks
Vicks is a favorite in many homes as it deals with cold, fever, and chest pain, but are you aware of the Vicks cream?
It can also be used to lose weight and enhance the appearance of the body areas.
Of course, you can do your home spa treatment with plastic wrap and Vicks VapoRub. The procedure involves rubbing VapoRub on your skin and then covering it in plastic wrap.
Camphor, the active ingredient in Vicks VapoRub, can be used to stimulate fat burning.
All in all, Vicks body wrap:
- Burns fat
- Makes your skin smoother & tighter
- Decreases cellulite in your body
- Reduces stretch marks
The whole process takes about 45 minutes.
Ingredients for Homemade Body Wrap with Vicks
- Vicks VapoRub – To rub on the stomach
- Clear plastic wrap – Any kind would work, collecting enough to cover the desired area with at least two layers
- A blanket – Cover the body with it for 45 minutes
After applying Vicks VapoRub on your stomach and every other fatty area, cover it with the clear plastic wrap, and this time you better keep a blanket on.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut Oil Body Wrap
A homemade apple cider vinegar and coconut oil body wrap are soothing, which would leave the skin rejuvenated and nourishing. Besides, the body wrap clears up acne due to malic acid bacteria.
Apple cider vinegar body wrap is quite easy to prepare with popular household products and a convenient, skin-soothing option for a day at home spa.
It contains many vitamins, nutrients, and other goodies, and you may already know the benefits of coconut oil.
This combination is excellent for increasing blood supply and fits great for cellulite & stubborn fat.
Apple cider vinegar will also decrease:
- Total body fat ratio
- Belly’s fat
- Blood triglycerides
Ingredients for Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut Oil Body Wrap
- Bentonite powder (clay): 1 cup
- Apple cider vinegar: 1 cup
- Water: 1 cup
- Coconut oil: 2 drops
The above recipe is for weight loss, so you may want to apply it all over the body.
Mix all the ingredients in a perfect balance. You want the mixture to be thick and not liquidy.
If required, add essential oils, and then just follow the steps as mentioned.
A Pro tip: After applying the wrap, cover the target areas with plastic wraps. Make sure to wait for a while before removing them and going for a shower.
Cellulite Body Wrap Made with Almond & Olive Oil
Almond and olive oil are one of the many essential oils used on the body with cellulite. And yes, avoid applying these oils directly to your body part because it might lead to irritation.
Ingredients for Cellulite Body Wrap with Almond and Olive Oil
- Amazon Seaweed Powder: 1 cup
- Olive Oil or Almond Oil (use your choice of oil here): 3 tablespoon
- Warm water (can also substitute coffee): 2 cups
- Optional: 2 gout anti-cellulite oils (Rosemary, juniper, or fennel)
Mix all the ingredients and achieve the perfect consistency. You want the mixture to look like mud, not water. Add essential oils if needed.
After that, follow the seven above-mentioned steps.
Apply the mixture to the body. You will have to cover the body with plastic wrap and bandages after the mixture’s application.
Some people prefer only warm water soaked bandages to cover body parts, keeping them hydrated for a long time, which is also a good way.
We like using plastic because the heat generated from it is more effective.
Anyway, both approaches work fine.
This recipe is for cellulite, meaning you can apply it on your thighs and hips. Getting somebody to help you is best, particularly for hard-to-reach places.
When wrapped, put a blanket over and relax for about an hour—after an hour, take a warm shower (but not too hot) while rinsing some remaining seaweed mixture.
Body Wrap Made with Ginger Would Help the Circulation
Ginger is known for its advantageous skin properties as it tones, enhances elasticity, and stimulates blood circulation.
With these ginger wraps, you can get rid of stubborn weight. Thanks to the ginger and clay, the homemade ginger body wrap also enhances blood circulation.
Ingredients for Homemade Body Wrap with Ginger
- Ginger: 1 tablespoon
- Body lotion (any as preferred): 4-5 tablespoon
- Plastic wrap
Mix 1 tbsp of ginger with 4-5 tablespoon of your preferred body lotion, soak a towel in hot water, and put it on the wrapped body part.
After that, let the skin pores open. I’m sure it will take about 5 minutes. Now apply body lotion to the targeted area and cover the plastic wrap area with a homemade body wrap.
Finally, cover yourself with a blanket and let the wrap stay overnight.
The Best Homemade Body Wrap for Weight Loss
Although the five body wraps mentioned are some of the best homemade body wraps for weight loss, there are still two superior to the rest.
These two include the ‘Cellulite Body Wrap Made with Almond’ and ‘Olive Oil and the Ginger Body Wrap.’
The first one can help you lose weight and rejuvenate, nourish, and smoothen your skin.
If we talk about ginger body wrap, it’s also the best as it has multiple health benefits other than helping you lose weight. This body wrap helps promote circulation and also tones and enhances your skin.
So which one is suitable depends on what you’re aiming at!